Healthy Breakfast Ideas here are just to inspire and motivate, there are many different healthy breakfast options we can choose from to get our day started with a bang.
We are all guilty of falling into the trap of having the same old thing; it's a habit that we just fall into. Their's more to breakfast than Weetabix, Cornflakes or toast.
We aren't going to list lots of different recipes here, they're in our recipes section on the main site.
This blog post is to titillate and inspire, to get your creative juices flowing and start inventing your own breakfast ideas.
Healthy Breakfast Options
- Our first healthy breakfast idea is... just add fruit! It's basic but a great way to start the day. When we are rushing around in the mornings, pants half on with hair frizzy, we just want to grab the first thing that looks like it might stave off hunger for a bit, eat it, and get out the door. Usually, mostly out of habit its a piece of toast or a bowl of cereals. “Fruits not gonna plug the gap until lunch,” is our first thought as we are looking for that pile of stodge in the cupboards. But actually it might!
- Bananas and grapes are great to eat on the go, if you are a prep per then cut some melon the night before and put it in the fridge. Fruit is surprisingly filling and the best thing is if you are running a little late, it comes already travel packed, grab a couple of bananas, one for getting out the house, another for bus or the car on the way.
- If your feeling a little more daring and have the time, slice some fruit on to your cereals and whack some in a pot of fresh yoghurt. Add some cheese into the equation and you're starting to rock. Adding cubed cheese, fresh fruit chunks and a few nuts into a bag and getting on your way are an excellent way to start the day, one you'll be rewarded for.
- Look out for bran waffles, toasted, spread with peanut butter and showered with raisins makes a formidable healthy breakfast option, a bit stodgier than fruit, this one will have you set up well past lunch, you'll be like the Duracell bunny of the office. Further adding sesame or poppy seeds gives this breakfast option further punch.
- What about 'ready to go' bruschetta's? Use some nice crusty bread, maybe yesterdays french stick if an end is hanging around, toast it, add a couple of dollops of cottage cheese or low-fat ricotta, on go a few tomatoes, salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil; off you go, grill for a few seconds if you're up early enough...
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
Healthy breakfast smoothies have to be mentioned, they take a bit of extra time to make, and the washing up "wont do itself", but as a method of delivering all the vital nutrients to the body, in a quickly absorbed package, theirs no better way.
Try using a low fat powder flavouring, carnation sell one. Try using soy milk instead of cows, how about adding a banana, strawberries or any other soft fruit?
There are a thousand and one ways to enjoy a healthy breakfast, we are all guilty at one time of another of getting stuck in the 'breakfast rut', free yourself and boost your day.
But please, please don't skip breakfast, grab anything before you go without. Especially if your about to start a gruelling shift.